Chapter Two - Part6: Data Modeling - Miniposts
Warm-Up / Bellringer
- What are the names of the RESTfull actions?
- You will continue to learn about Data Modeling by adding a new table to your database, the miniposts.
Watch the video(s). Be prepared to answer the questions in the "Checks for Understanding" section below. Use the VLC player on your computer, pause, stop, scrub and play in order to follow along with the video.
Checks for Understanding
- What do you enter on the command line to create a scaffold?
- How do you add a model to your app? What rake command do you enter?
- How many resources where created in the video?
- What can the routes.rb file tell you?
FOLLOW AND DO what is on the video(s), Use the VLC player on your computer, pause, stop, scrub and play in order to follow along with the video.
- rake db:migrate
On to Part 7
Extra Practice / Homework
- Learn more about migrations
- From the above url find out how to "rollback" a migration.