Chapter Two - Part 4: REST, Routes and Resources
Warm-Up / Bellringer
- Name the website used to solve the problem in yesturdays lesson "ExecJS error".
In this section, you will learn about resources. A resource is the term used for a collection of similar objects, such as posts, people or animals.
- Rails Routes and Resources
- CRUD operations
Watch the video(s). Be prepared to answer the questions in the "Checks for Understanding" section below. Use the VLC player on your computer, pause, stop, scrub and play in order to follow along with the video.
Checks for Understanding
- What is a RESTful resource?
- What does CRUD stand for?
- How do you see the current state of your apps resources from the command line?
FOLLOW AND DO what is on the video(s), Use the VLC player on your computer, pause, stop, scrub and play in order to follow along with the video.
- rake routes
On to Part 5
Extra Practice / Homework
Take a look at each of these pages to get a better understanding of the terms and concepts spoken about in this section.