Chapter Two - Part 3: the Execjs error
During development you will often encounter errors. 80 percent of being a developer is about problem solving. During this section of the series I'll show you how I solved this particular error.
- How to read error messages from a Rails App.
- Learn tips and techniques for problem solving.
Watch the video(s). Be prepared to answer the questions in the "Checks for Understanding" section below. Use the VLC player on your computer, pause, stop, scrub and play in order to follow along with the video.
FOLLOW AND DO what is on the video(s), Use the VLC player on your computer, pause, stop, scrub and play in order to follow along with the video.
Checks for Understanding
- Deleting the line "//= require_tree ." from the application.js file is a "bandaid fix" meaning it won't solve the root cause of the problem. What file did we have to open and modify to fix the "root" cause of the problem?
- What was the command we used to find this file on your own system?
- What was the command used to move a file from one place to the next?
- After the solution worked, Mr. Rush found some sauce. What kind of "sauce" was this?
On to Part 4
Extra Practice / Homework: