Chapter Two - Part 2: Data Modeling
Warm-Up / Bellringer
- What are the steps to get your code up to github?
- Development of a database backed application.
- New short cuts with the sublime text editor.
- Use a method called "scaffolding".
- UML diagrams.
Watch the video(s). Be prepared to answer the questions in the "Checks for Understanding" section below. Use the VLC player on your computer, pause, stop, scrub and play in order to follow along with the video.
FOLLOW AND DO what is on the video(s), Use the VLC player on your computer, pause, stop, scrub and play in order to follow along with the video.
On to Part 3
Checks for Understanding
- Two model diagrams(aka UML diagrams) were shown in the video for users and for minipost, each contained three attributes. Which of these must always be unique?
- What does "rake db:migrate" do?
- What does "rails generate scaffold" do?