Chapter Two - Part 1: Second App
Warm-Up / Bellringer
- What two files must I edit in order to get Postgres working?
In Part 1 you will begin creating your next app this app will be a database backed application. You will be exposed to many new concepts in this second app development phase. This "second app" will get you prepared for the more industrial sized "real world" third app coming up later. In this segment you will learn...
- Development of a database backed application.
- New short cuts with the sublime text editor.
- Use a method called "scaffolding".
Watch the video(s). Be prepared to answer the questions in the "Checks for Understanding" section below. Use the VLC player on your computer, pause, stop, scrub and play in order to follow along with the video.
FOLLOW AND DO what is on the video(s), Use the VLC player on your computer, pause, stop, scrub and play in order to follow along with the video.
Checks for Understanding
- What command do you use to create a directory with your own name?
- What does "bundle install" do?
- I showed you a new way to find and open your files in the video. What was this short cut?
- Name the three "groups" displayed in the gemfile in the video.
On to Part 2
Extra practice / Homework:
- Take a look at More stuff about git. Download the cheatsheets.
- On the same page...take a look at the "learning git" videos.