Chapter One - Part3: Deploy To Heroku
Warm-Up / Bellringer
- Who invented Git?
- What do the colors Red and Green mean in the context of the Github App?
- You will deploy an app to Heroku.
Watch the video(s). Be prepared to answer the questions in the "Checks for Understanding" section below. Use the player on your computer, pause, stop, scrub and play in order to follow along with the video.
Checks for Understanding
- What command do you enter from the command line to create a new Heroku app?
- How do I get my code onto Heroku?
- How do you open your local heroku app in your local browser(from the command line)?
- What two files must I edit in order to get Postgres working?
FOLLOW AND DO what is on the video(s), Use the player on your computer, pause, stop, scrub and play in order to follow along with the video.
Back to Part 1
Go to devcenter.heroku.com find the reference. under Command Line look for "Creating Apps from the CLI". Create a named app. Name it after yourself (first name).