Chapter One - Part2: The Github App
Warm-Up / Bellringer
- How do you tell git to ignore something? What was the name of the file that I had git ignore in the Part 1 video?
- We will cover Version Control with Git, Github and the Github App.
Watch the video(s). Be prepared to answer the questions in the "Checks for Understanding" section below. Use the VLC player on your computer, pause, stop, scrub and play in order to follow along with the video.
Checks for Understanding
- After you initialize your app directory, what do you have to do to get your code up to Github? (tell me these steps used WITH the Github app.)
- What is the name of the person who invented Git?
- What else did this person invent?
- What file did I change in the video? Why did I change this file?
What do the colors Red and Green indicate in the Github App?
FOLLOW AND DO what is on the video(s), Use the VLC player on your computer, pause, stop, scrub and play in order to follow along with the video.
On to Part 3
Here are SOME of the resources mentioned in the video.
Try setting these up on your HOME computer.